Manchester City and Ivory Coast star player, Yaya

Toure has won the BBC African Footballer of the

year award . He beat competition from Yacine

Brahimi, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Andre

Ayew and Sadio Mane to win the coveted award

in London today. He last won it in 2013, and has

now become the only player to have won the

award twice apart from Jay Jay Okocha and Kanu

Nwankwo.

"I am very proud. To receive this

dedication from the fans is unbelievable"

Toure told BBC Sport. "Also I want to pay

tribute to the other nominees. African

football is growing up, becoming much

better and we have fantastic young

players coming through now. I am

delighted and very happy. And as an

African player, I want to lead all my

younger brothers to be successful in the

future. When I was a kid I was always

dreaming of being an important player. I

have sacrificed a lot. I will continue to try

to win a trophy every year, I will fight to

win a personal trophy." he said

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname

 
Top