The embattled Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike,, has boasted that despite the ruling of the Election Petitions Tribunal, he will complete his four-year tenure as the chief executive of the state.

"We will win and I will complete my four years tenure as the governor of Rivers State. The thanksgiving service today is very significant because if what enemies planned had work, I wouldn't have been governor today. 





"The nullification of my election by tribunal sitting in Abuja shows that justice is ours. I am surprised that some people are celebrating over the judgement, when they described the judgement against their candidates at the National Assembly as judicial 419.

"It is now that they have confidence in judiciary. In spite of the judgement, we still have hope in the judiciary. I want to beg you, don't be provoked; I know what happened at the weekend is provoking. But, I know what their plans are; that was why I am begging you to be calm," Wike said.



Making a veiled reference to his former boss, ex-Governor Rotimi Amaechi, Wike added, "I was a minister in this country and I was given the highest responsibility. And today, some people are struggling to be a minister; and they are celebrating to be a minister as if nobody has been a minister in this state."



Sources say Wike does not wish for Amaechi to be a minister, but now that he has a bigger issue at hand that could lead to even him losing his seat as governor, he has no choice but to retrace his steps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname

 
Top