CALABAR—FORMER Senate Leader, Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, has said that since his exit from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, the party under whose platform he was elected to the Senate for three tenures, the issues he aggregated that caused him agitation have ceased and he now has peace of mind.

*Ndoma Egba

*Ndoma Egba

Senator Ndoma-Egba told Vanguard in Calabar, Cross River State, yesterday, that he was sidelined in the PDP for three years but had to stay on in the party since he was the Leader of the Senate till the end of his tenure to make sure the Senate continued to function normally till the end of the session.

"For three years I was ejected from the PDP and before making any move to another party at the time, I had to think of my position as the Leader of the 7th Senate which is a historic responsibility and if I had left six months to the end of that Senate, it would mean my leaving that position and who then would take responsibility for the success or failure of that session which I had led. So I had to stay on because I was ready to take responsibility for the failure or success of the Senate which was why I did not leave the PDP at the time I ought to have left," he said.

He said the political traffic in the country was now only towards the direction of the All Progressives Congress, APC, because PDP had not learned any lesson from the issues that led to its failure in the last elections.


man*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname

 
Top