A former Cameroon teammate of Samuel Eto'o

has said he is surprised that the striker has been

appointed as interim manager of Antalyaspor but

believes he has the right attributes.

Eto'o joined the Turkish club as a player in the

summer, and reports say he will take charge for

three matches after coach Yusuf Simsek had his

contract terminated earlier this month.

The BBC reported that the former Cameroon

captain could then land the job permanently,

with club officials set to make a decision after

Turkish football's winter break.

M'boma told the BBC's Sport Today: "I know it

was in his plans to be a manager -- he told me

many years ago.

"But from what I know he has no experience. I

hope he will be a good manager, but I do not

know.

"He has the personality and the knowledge, but I

am not sure he will have the patience. If he can

improve on the areas where he is weak, he could

be a success."

Mehmet Ugurlu, the Antalyaspor technical

director, will assist Eto'o, with his three matches

in charge being against Trabzonspor, Fenerbahce

and Gaziantepspor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname

 
Top