Carlo Ancelotti has given the clearest indication

yet that he would be interested in becoming

Manchester United manager.

United's current boss Louis van Gaal, 64, has

suggested he will retire when his deal with the

club runs out in the summer of 2017.

Ex-Chelsea manager Ancelotti, who was sacked as

Real Madrid boss in May and has been linked with

the top job at Old Trafford, last month said he

would be keen on a return to the Premier League

if the right position came up.

And in an interview with The Independent

published on Monday, the 56-year-old Italian said

that while he would ideally get back into work

next summer, he would be prepared to wait

longer -- adding: "Of course, for every manager,

they would all think of managing Manchester

United."

Regarding timescale, Ancelotti said: "I will

continue to wait. If I don't find a club with a good

project, I can wait.

"What will I do? Watching games, fishing, all

these things.

"But let us see next summer. I will not take a job

in midseason, but I would like to work again next

summer."

He then said: "Of course, for every manager, they

would all think of managing Manchester United.

"I would like to come back in a club with a good

project, but, of course, one that is competitive.

"The Premier League is the best in the sense of

atmosphere, ambience. It is also competitive, so I

would like to come back, especially for the

atmosphere."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname

 
Top