A 43yrs old man, Opeyemi Adesina, who
allegedly paraded himself as a consultant
gynaecologist (taking care of women body) with
the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-
Araba, says he paid N100,000 to buy the seven
forged certificates he used.

Adesina was arrested on Tuesday by the Alakara
Police Division on Alowolodu Street in the Alapere
in the Ketu area of Lagos.

He was arrested after his landlord, Mr Akorede,
wrote a "save-my-soul" petition to the
management of LUTH some weeks ago that
Adesina brought home female patients to treat
in his house and did abortions for them, among
other unwholesome practices, which could
implicate him.

Akorede had further explained in the letter that
when he confronted Adesina, the "doctor"
allegedly claimed to be a consultant
gynaecologist with LUTH, adding that he
(Adesina) brought the referral cases from the
hospital to his house so that he could have time
to attend to them.

According to PUNCH, the LUTH authorities, who
could not find such name in the record of their
consultants then forwarded the letter to the
police, and Adesina was thereafter arrested.
It was gathered that the police also recovered
the forged certificates.

It was observed that the certificates included a
fake MBBS certificate of the University of Ibadan,
and a fake membership certificate of the
Nigerian Medical Association.

Speaking with PUNCH, Adesina said he paid
N100,000 to one Kolawole in Ibadan, Oyo State,
to get all the certificates, adding that he had
used them for only three years.
He said, "I bought the certificates from Kolawole
in Ibadan. That was three years ago. I bought
them from him for N100,000. He printed the
seven certificates.

"I do not know where he stays. We did not meet
in any specific location. We usually met at fast
food joints or any agreed place. For instance, it
was at Agodi Gate area that I gave him the
money and got the certificates. I decided to use
another name on the certificates.

"I forged them because I dropped out of the
university. I was actually studying Medicine.

However, I dropped out in the 500 level due to
financial reasons.

"I married my wife about five years ago. She
thought I was a certified doctor. She actually
came to me for treatment in the Ketu area and
that was how we met. We have a child."

Adesina, who denied his landlord's allegation,
said he only operated a laboratory where he
attended to his patients. He said,

"Three years
ago, I decided to get the certificates just to
cover up for the failure to finish my university
education.

"It is not true that I brought women to treat at
home. The truth of the matter is that I have a
laboratory and the women came there. I usually
did tests for them and by the time the test
results were out, I would ask them to visit a
hospital for treatment."

The suspect's wife, Olawumi, pleaded that her
husband should be released as he had realised
his mistake, and would never venture into such
again.

But the Lagos State Police Public Relations
Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said the suspect
would be charged to court as soon as
investigation was over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname

 
Top